This is a fun twist on an easy breakfast. It can be made with both over easy eggs or with a scramble. If you go with a scramble, you can add whatever fun you want into the mix; bacon, chives, mushrooms, etc. I like to complete the dish by melting cheese over the top of the pepper and egg. I also cut up a pepper ahead of time knowing I will eat this a few days during the week to speed up time.
|Prep Time: 5 minutes||Cook Time: 5 minutes||Total Time: 10 minutes|
- 1 Egg
- 1 “slice” of any bell pepper of your choice
- Cooking spray
- Clean and cut a pepper into “discs”.
- Get a frying pan heating on the burner. Once it’s hot, spray it with cooking spray and put the pepper in the pan.
- Let the pepper cook for about a minute in the pan. Then crack your egg into the inside of the pepper (or pour your scramble in).
- Cook until finished to your liking and enjoy.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
|Total Fat: 4.1g||Saturated Fat: 1g|
|Carb: 1.4g||Sodium: 65.9mg|
|Fiber: 0.5g||Cholesterol: 185mg|
|Sugar: 0.7g||Protein: 1.4g|