Like a lot of people we love Buffalo chicken fingers. With New Years upon us, I know many people are looking to shed some holiday weight as well; so eating fried chicken isn’t a great option. That’s where a healthy alternative comes in. This recipe is easy and very good. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Makes 6 Servings
|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cook Time: 30 minute||Total Time: 40 minutes|
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2/3 cup of arrowroot flour (regular flour or cornstarch works as well)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs (you may use more or less depending on the size of your cauliflower)
- 1/4 cup of Hot sauce of your choice
- Cooking spray
- Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into desired floret sizes.
- Toss the florets in the arrowroot (I used a large ziplock bag to toss it all in).
- Beat the 3 eggs in a bowl (use a bowl that works well for dredging).
- Put your breadcrumbs in a dredging bowl as well.
- Take your florets out of the flour, dredge them through the beaten eggs, and then cover in breadcrumbs.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray (any oil or butter will work as well).
- Place the florets on your cookie sheet. Don’t let them touch so they bake/crisp on all sides.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Gently toss the baked florets in your hot sauce and serve.