Macaroons are one of those sweets most of us have eaten but few have made. They really are quite easy to make and can also be healthy. They can be made in so many different flavors and varieties. I have developed a fresh, raw, and simple to make recipe to make them. Everyone knows chocolate and strawberry are a perfect match; so I decided to match them here. Give them a shot and let us know your feedback.
Makes 6-7 macaroons
|Total Time: 10 minutes|
- 4-5 medium strawberries
- 1 cup of shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor (A blender works as well)
- Blend until well mixed
- Scoop out the mixture into sizes you want and roll them into balls in your hands.
- The mixture is a little moist but will hold together well. You can refrigerate them and they will dry a little more.
Nutritional Facts Per Macaroon
|Total Fat: 4.5g||Saturated Fat: 4g|
|Carb: 6.9g||Sodium: 3mg|
|Fiber: 1.6g||Cholesterol: 0mg|
|Sugar: 5.1g||Protein: 0.5g|