This has quickly become one of our favorite sides. For most of my life I wasn’t a fan of sweet potatoes because they were always made with more added sugar (think sweet potato casserole w/ brown sugar). I have learned that I do like them very much when they are made to be more savory. So if your like me and don’t like added sugar to your sweet potatoes, give these a try.
|Prep Time: 5 minutes||Cook Time: 15 minutes||Total Time: 20 minutes|
- 1 large peeled sweet potato
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the sweet potatoes into “fries” of any size you’d like (the thinner you cut them, the less time you need to cook them)
- Put the fries in a bowl with the olive oil and toss them until coated
- Place the fries onto a baking sheet and place under the broiler in your oven
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until evenly charred then use tongs to flip them all over and cook for another 5 minutes until evenly charred again. These can also be made on an open fire grill and get more taste out of them.
- Put the fries back in the same bowl you used with the olive oil and add the salt and cinnamon. Toss again and enjoy.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
|Total Fat: 7.2g||Saturated Fat: 1g|
|Carb: 20.7g||Sodium: 251mg|
|Fiber: 3.2g||Cholesterol: 0mg|
|Sugar: 6.5g||Protein: 1.6g|