The newest coffee fad is cold brew coffee (which is Paleo). If you’re like me, you find it absurd to see some of the prices that places charge for a simple cup of coffee. My wife loves her coffee and has always drank it black. Now she is also a fan of cold brew. So I decided to learn how to make her cold brew at home for her to enjoy whenever she’d like. It’s surprisingly easy and anyone can make this. So if you are a coffee fan, give this a try and let us know your thoughts.
|Prep Time: 5 minutes||“Brew Time”: 10-12 hours||Total Time: 10-12 hours|
- 1 cup of coffee beans of your choice
- 4 cups of cold water (I use filtered water to better absorb the coffee taste)
- Coarsely grind the coffee beans (you can do this in a food processor if you do not have a coffee grinder). You want the grind to be a more coarse blend rather than a normal fine blend.
- Pour the ground coffee into a container with the 4 cups of water. It’s best to use a container with a top that seals, but it’s not necessary.
- Place the container in the refrigerator for 10-12 hours (I tend to make this in the evening and let it “brew” overnight). The longer you let the mixture brew, the stronger the taste.
- After “brewing’, strain the coffee through a cheese cloth or coffee filter (I put a coffee filter into a strainer then pour the mix through).
- Once strained the coffee is ready to be drank. It is a concentrated mix so you need to cut the coffee with more cold water. My wife likes her coffee strong and her mix is half a coffee mug of the brew and half with water; then stir.
- You can obviously mix anything you want with this to your liken; sweeteners, creamer, etc.