I have always been a big relish person. As I got older and started paying attention to the ingredients in my food, I realized most relishes are made with high fructose corn syrup and a lot of chemicals. I started trying to make my own healthy (and Paleo) version. This recipe is easy to make and is 100% all natural. Please give it a try and send us some feedback.
Makes 3 Mason Jars of Relish
|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cook Time: 5 minutes||Total Time: 15 minutes|
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of agave
- 1 tablespoon of mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon of celery seed
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of whole allspice
- 1 medium to large cucumber
- 1 medium bell pepper (we use red peppers)
- 1 small white, sweet onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 mason jars and tops
- Sanitize/boil the 3 mason jars.
- Cut all of the vegetables into small cubes (I use a salad chopper).
- Mince the garlic and then mix in with all of the vegetables.
- In a small sauce pan, mix the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Evenly distribute the vegetable mix into the 3 jars.
- Evenly distribute the liquid (and spices) into the 3 jars.
- Seal the top and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Note: This is not canning and the relish will last only for a month or two. You can can this with a natural preservative and going through the canning process.