Many of you have seen different Paleo pancake recipes out there. The “just banana and eggs in a blender” recipe is a favorite of many. The problem we were having is we wanted a fluffier pancake like you would make if it weren’t a Paleo recipe. We knew that coconut or tapioca flour were going to be the key along with baking soda. So here is the recipe we have developed. If you don’t tell your friends and family these are Paleo, they would never know! They are that fluffy and tasty.
Serves 2 (Makes 7-8 medium pancakes)
|Prep Time: 5 minutes||Cook Time: 10 minutes||Total Time: 15 minutes|
- 4 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup of coconut or tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of Almond or Coconut milk (we use Silk light and it works well)
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie spice (you can use just cinnamon if you prefer)
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- You will need a larger frying pan and your choice of cooking oil. We have used both coconut oil and cooking spray. Both work fine.
- Once the pan is hot, pour the pancakes in at about 4-5″ diameter size. They cook just like regular pancakes with the exception of the bubbles in them (there will be little to no bubbles).
- If you are following a strict Paleo diet or would like to attempt your own syrup, here is a very simple recipe for a strawberry or blueberry syrup.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
|Total Fat: 10.3g||Saturated Fat: 2.1g|
|Carb: 27.4g||Sodium: 357mg|
|Fiber: 2.3g||Cholesterol: 370mg|
|Sugar: 8.8g||Protein: 16g|