Who doesn’t love a great, fresh salsa now that summer is here. This recipe is very simple to make and will surprise your friends and family. The grilled pineapple and mango add a different layer of complexity to your everyday salsa. If you aren’t feeling adventurous, you can make the same recipe minus the fruit and you will still end up with a great tasting salsa.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Cook Time: None||Total Time: 15 Minuties|
- 4 tomatoes (I used plum tomatoes but any will do)
- 1-2 Jalapeno peppers (1 for a little spice and 2 to give it a kick)
- 1-2 sweet peppers (I use 2 Cubanelle peppers but you can also use 1 bell pepper)
- 2/3 cup of diced onion (Again use whichever onion you like here, 1/2 of a Vadalia onion works well.)
- 1/2 cup grilled pineapple
- 1 small grilled mango
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup of white vinegar
- Salt, pepper and Adobo to taste
- I only use fresh pineapple and fresh mango. Peel your pineapple and mango and put the desired pieces on a hot grill pan or hot grill.
- It another bowl, combine all of the vegetables after dicing into small pieces.
- Chop the fresh cilantro to your desired size and add to the bowl.
- Remove the pineapple and mango once there are slight char marks on each side. Then chop finely and add to the bowl.
- Stir in the vinegar.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lime into the bowl.
- Taste and add your spices to your liking.