This is a quick and easy recipe to make your own Lara bars. For those that don’t know what these are, think granola bars without the grains. These are very easy to make and can also be a good thing to make with your children. These are very healthy, can be modified easily, and taste great. We make these to have as snacks throughout the day and before/after a workout. Give them a try and let us know your thoughts.
Makes 6 bars
|Prep Time: 10 minutes||“Drying Time”: 2 hours||Total Time: 2 hours & 10 minutes|
- 1 cup of almonds
- 6 dried dates (9 if you don’t use dried figs)
- 3 dried figs
- 1/4 cup of dried cherries (We use dried cherries w/out any added sugar)
- 1/8 cup of mini Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend for 3-4 minutes. You should be able to form the mix into tightly packed balls once it’s ready.
- Line a baking pan (choose the pan size based on how thick you want the bars to be) with wax paper and also tear another piece to use to compress the mix.
- Put the mix into the pan with the wax paper. Now use the other piece of wax paper to compress the mix as tight as you can.
- Then place the mix into to refrigerator for two hours to “dry”.
- Once it has hardened a little, you can now cut them into your desired size bars and wrap in cellophane.
- If they don’t firm up enough, you will need more nuts.
You can trade out the dried fruit ingredients for other fruits of your choice. You can also add fruits to the mix. These are very easy to make your own as well as not being very costly. So give them a try and let us know your thoughts.
Nutritional Facts Per 1 bar
|Total Fat: 7.4g||Saturated Fat: 1.4g|
|Carb: 23.5g||Sodium: 5.2mg|
|Fiber: 3.5g||Cholesterol: 0mg|
|Sugar: 17g||Protein: 3.4g|