Here is a great recipe for Paleo biscuits. We have eaten these with all three meals of the day and they go especially well with a sausage gravy to make biscuits and gravy. After tinkering with the recipe, we finally decided these are keepers. I hope you all enjoy them as much as we do.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cook Time: 20 minutes||Total Time: 30 minutes|
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of Xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of arrowroot
- Mix the wet ingredients in a mixing bow.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients with the wet while mixing.
- I used a cupcake pan to make these and I have just spooned them onto a cookie sheet. They cook equally as well on either. Bake on 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Some additional options for these include; adding a tablespoon of butter to the mix to give them a more buttery taste, adding spices and herbs such as garlic salt, rosemary, thyme, etc to enhance the flavor.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
|Total Fat: 2.7g||Saturated Fat: 1.7g|
|Carb: 15.2g||Sodium: 277mg|
|Fiber: 3.9g||Cholesterol: 61.7mg|
|Sugar: 0.7g||Protein: 3.4g|