We all like chicken fingers but those of us trying to eat healthier don’t want the fried fingers anymore. Many of the pre-made chicken fingers you find in a store have been fried already or have preservatives in them. It really is quite easy to make your own guilt free chicken fingers in a matter of minutes. This recipe, like most of mine, encourages you to find your perfect flavor. You can add some spice to these with cayenne pepper, paprika, chili powder, etc. So make your own and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cook Time: 10 minutes||Total Time: 20 minutes|
- 1.5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken cut into strips
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- Preheat your over to 425 degrees
- Put all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix them thoroughly
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a separate bowl
- I usually put all of the chicken into the egg mix bowl and make sure it is completely coated
- Individually take a piece of chicken at a time and roll it in the flour mixture. Then put them on a plate or platter. Repeat this until all of your chicken has been breaded.
- I then cook the chicken strips for 5 minutes on one side, flip them and cook them for 5 minutes on the other.
Here are a few tips I have found. I like to make these then freeze them before cooking them. When cooking from frozen, I cook for 7 minutes on one side then 10 minutes on the other. The cooking time will be determined by how thick you cut your chicken strips.
Another great option is to pan fry these in coconut oil. If you really crave the extra crispiness of chicken fingers I would recommend this option.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving of Baked Fingers
|Total Fat: 9.3g||Saturated Fat: 3.2g|
|Carb: 11.8g||Sodium: 815mg|
|Fiber: 2.8g||Cholesterol: 181mg|
|Sugar: 0.8g||Protein: 36.7g|