This an easy recipe that anyone can bake. If you love bagels but have to (or choose to) eat gluten free, these are for you. You can choose the toppings for the bagels as well. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Makes 6 Servings
|Prep Time: 5 minutes||Cook Time: 20 minute||Total Time: 25 minutes|
- 1 cup of all purpose, gluten free flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of xantham gum
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (drain off any excess liquid)
- Egg white (or 1 beaten egg)
- Cooking spray
- Topping of choice for the bagels (I used Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel Seasoning)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Add the Greek Yogurt until you start to get “clumps”. Then start kneading the dough for about 15-20 kneads.
- Evenly divide into 4 balls.
- Roll the dough out with your hands into a “rope”. Wrap around a finger and connect the ends to form a bagel.
- Place onto a greased baking sheet.
- Brush with egg wash and then add your toppings of choice.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then let them cool for 10 minutes.