As football approaches who isn’t looking forward to some great snack foods? I am a big fan of nachos but I also know they are not the healthiest snack food. So I needed a compromise; enter my paleo nachos. You will not be disappointed with these and you can happily serve them to you non-paleo friends and family. They will not be able to tell the difference and will most likely enjoy these more because they are better tasting, fresher, and better for you. Please give these a try and enjoy them as much as we do while watching your favorite sporting events.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cook Time: 10 minutes||Total Time: 20 minutes|
- 1 pound grassfed beef
- 1 cup of prepared guacamole (either fresh made or store bought all natural)
- 2 tomatoes (I use Roma tomatoes but you can use 1 large tomato)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 8 oz plantain chips (we have bought these from the grocery store and made our own. If you make your own, I recommend salting them as soon as the baking/drying process is finished)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Adobo powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional toppings
- Cheddar cheese (not Paleo but a great addition)
- Plain Greek yogurt (a perfect substitute for sour cream)
- Any other veggies of your choice
- Brown the ground beef. While it’s cooking, add all of the spices to the ground beef (the spices are essentially a homemade taco seasoning).
- While the beef is cooking, put down a layer of plantain chips on each plate.
- Now layer the ground beef, guacamole, veggies, and other toppings.
- Serve and Enjoy!
This should make 4 comfortable servings. Enjoy and try your favorite toppings on this dish.