So I have worked on this recipe for a little while now. Having lived in Europe for a few years, I developed a love for Nutella. The problem is, I know how much sugar is in regular Nutella. So, I finely decided it to try and make it myself. To my surprise, it was quite easy. Perfecting the taste, however, was a bit more difficult. So after numerous attempts, I feel I have finally developed a recipe I am quite happy with. Please enjoy.
Serves Roughly 15 Tablespoons
|Cook Time: 5-10 minutes||Blend Time: 15 minutes||Total Time: 20-25 minutes|
- 1 Cup of shelled hazelnuts
- 1/2 Cup of Almond or Coconut milk (I have used both w/out much taste difference)
- 4 tablespoons of Agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup (you could just use more Agave, but I really like the taste of maple syrup in here)
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder (I like to use 1 tbsp of dark chocolate powder and 2 of regular)
- 3 tablespoons of pure vanilla extract
- Bake hazelnuts at 350 degrees for about 5-10 minutes. You want them slightly browned.
- Peel of remaining “skin” from nuts. They don’t need to be perfect but skinned mostly.
- Put the hazelnuts into a food processor and turn on high for 10 minutes (or until they start to become paste like).
- Turn off the food processor and add the rest of the ingredients (Tip for the cocoa powder…add it in and stir slightly)
- Blend again for another 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Use Mason jars or old peanut butter jars to pour it into and keep in your fridge.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
|Total Fat: 4.9g||Saturated Fat: 0.3g|
|Carb: 8.7g||Sodium: 5.5mg|
|Fiber: 1.4g||Cholesterol: 0mg|
|Sugar: 6.7g||Protein: 1.4g|