So this recipe is for a pastry item in which you can alter however you’d like. It has the consistency of a softer donut. I have filled them with peanut butter, almond butter, jams and jellies, and cream filling. You can also bake them with a jam/jelly or nut butter on top. These will definitely satisfy any cravings you may have while eating Paleo. They are quick and easy to make as well.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cook Time: 20 minutes||Total Time: 30 minutes|
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of almond or coconut milk (I use the light versions of either milk)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of Xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of arrowroot
- Mix the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl together with the coconut sugar.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients with the wet while mixing.
- For baking I have used different options. I have formed them on a baking sheet and let them cook. I have cooked them in larger cupcake tins. I have cooked them in round molds. The size you are looking for is that roughly of a donut.
- Bake on 350 for about 20 minutes.
- If you are going to inject them, let them cool for a few minutes. And enjoy.
Optional add-ins: Alicia and I have had these numerous ways. We have had both homemade strawberry and blueberry syrup over the top and it was amazing. Nutella is another great addition to either inject or spread over the top of these pastries. This is one of those recipes where you can mix and match so many options to “make it your own”. Please enjoy.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
|Total Fat: 6.1g||Saturated Fat: 0.6g|
|Carb: 53.1g||Sodium: 426mg|
|Fiber: 1.9g||Cholesterol: 92.5mg|
|Sugar: 26.3g||Protein: 7.2g|