This is a very simple recipe for a Paleo strawberry syrup. You can use blueberries as well to the same ratio. If you would like it less “chunky” you could use an immersion blender or regular blender to make the mixture very smooth. We like the chunks of fruit in our syrup. For the recipe of the pancakes in the photo, click here!
|Prep Time: 5 minutes||Cook Time: 10 minutes||Total Time: 15 minutes|
- 1 Cup of strawberries (or Blueberries)
- 1/4 Cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon of pure maple syrup
- Wash and slice the strawberries and put them in a small sauce pan with the water and maple syrup.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn it down to a simmer.
- Cook for about 10 minutes (until the fruit is very soft) stirring and making sure the mixture doesn’t boil over.
- Refrigerate and save for later.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
|Total Fat: 0.3g||Saturated Fat: 0g|
|Carb: 13.1g||Sodium: 1.7mg|
|Fiber: 1.7g||Cholesterol: 0mg|
|Sugar: 10g||Protein: 0.6g|