Pork ribs are obviously a favorite amongst many in the Paleo world as well as most any other person. I have talked to people over the years who think you cannot make great ribs in the oven because they think you need a smoker. I have a smoker and I can attest to the fact that you can make equally great ribs in the oven. This basic recipe is for ribs to be made in the oven but you can obviously make them on a grill or in a smoker as well.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cook Time: 2.5 hours||Total Time: 2 hours and 40 minutes|
- 2 pounds of pork ribs
- The dry rub of your choice.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Place the ribs onto a baking sheet with a little space between each rib.
- Thoroughly rub each rib with this your Dry Rub.
- I usually pour enough water to just cover the bottom of the baking sheet then put tin foil over the entire pan.
- Put the ribs in the oven and cook at 250 degrees for 2.5 hours.
Some additional options for these include; adding a tablespoon of butter to the mix to give them a more buttery taste, adding spices and herbs such as garlic salt, rosemary, thyme, etc to enhance the flavor.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
|Total Fat: 37.1g||Saturated Fat: 13.2g|
|Carb: 4.6g||Sodium: 98.4mg|
|Fiber: 3.0g||Cholesterol: 130mg|
|Sugar: 0.8g||Protein: 34.3g|