Like most people, I love chocolate and bacon. Over the years I have had chocolate bars with bacon in them, but they never impressed me. I have made different barks over the years (especially for the holidays). I decided I wanted to give this recipe some effort because I know it should work. I have had great feedback and success with this recipe and I hope you all enjoy it. It is actually quite easy to make.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Cook Time: 10 minutes||Total Time: 25 minutes|
- 10 oz of Enjoy Life chocolate chips (It’s really up to you what chocolate you chose here)
- 10 slices of low sodium, nitrate free bacon
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Cook the 10 slices of bacon to your desired level of crispness. Then put the bacon onto a plate with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- Once the bacon is dry, cut it up to a desired size for pieces in your bark. I like some smaller pieces and some medium size pieces.
- Temper/melt the chocolate. I put about 2/3 of the chips and the coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl. I microwave them on high for about 1 minute. I then mix them vigorously with a fork at that point. I put the bowl back into the microwave for 20 seconds at a time until the mixture becomes what you’d expect of “melted chocolate”. I then add the last 1/3 of the chips and continue stirring and putting back into the microwave as needed.
- Once your chocolate is “melted”, mix about 1/2 to 2/3 of your cut up bacon in the chocolate.
- Put a piece of wax paper down on a baking sheet and spread the melted mixture onto that sheet. The thickness of your chocolate is up to you. The thinner you spread the mix, the thinner your bark will be.
- Once you have you desired thickness, “sprinkle” the remaining cut up chocolate onto the still “wet” chocolate. At this point I have also sprinkled sea salt on as well.
- Put the baking sheet in your refrigerator until hardened.
- At this point you separate the chocolate from the wax sheet and brake into pieces of your own desired size.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
|Total Fat: 13.9g||Saturated Fat: 8.2g|
|Carb: 17.1g||Sodium: 80mg|
|Fiber: 1.9g||Cholesterol: 5mg|
|Sugar: 13.3g||Protein: 3.9g|